In Everything Give Thanks


 Most bloggers have posted about their Thanksgiving dinner and the things they did for Thanksgiving. But this Thanksgiving post is going to be just a little different. (a little later on I will post the Thanksgiving dinner).

What if you woke up one morning and the things you did not thank God for were all gone.

It kind of makes you think, I know for myself I don’t thank God enough for the little things as much as the big things in my life. When all of sudden you don’t have something you’ve had in your life for years, you see how you have taken it for granted. 

As I write this I think of our family dog Geneva that died last night. As I watched her die I thought of all the fun memories that I had with her. You really begin to think that you did not thank God enough for her.

Geneva was a great dog, she lived a good 11 years, she was always a very happy and spunky dog.  She had a great personality, and she was always good at finding snakes and other animals.
            
                                 We all will miss her Very Much.   
                                         
   Let us be thankful for the big and little things in our lives.

1 Thessalonians 5:18  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.




6 comments:

Joanna said...

Nice tribute to Geneva, Abigail! I enjoyed watching the slideshow. She will be missed but we will see her again Someday! :) Love you!

Rosanna Sanger said...

awww! I'm sorry about your dog! love you and so thankful for you and your family!

Anna said...

So incredibly sorry, Abigail. Losing a special friend like Geneva is never easy. Will be praying for you guys :)

Aunt Carol said...

So sorry to hear about Geneva. She was such a cutie & always welcomed us w/ her cute little bark & wagging tail when we'd come to visit. Praying for you all I know you will see her again. Aunt Carol

Melissa Brandt said...

Sorry to hear about Geneva! Praying for you all! Thanks for letting me babysit her over the years. She was a good dog. God bless you!
Faith

Melissa Brandt said...

I'm sorry about your dog. I was there and saw how sad your face was as she was dying and it hurt my heart. Glad you have all the pictures and memories. Proud of you for thinking of giving thanks for the little things.....its true. God bless you!
Your friend,
Melissa